Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday's Overlooked Films and/or Other A/V


Thanks, as always, to all the contributors and to you who read these...if I've overlooked your contribution for this week or you'd like to join in, please let me know in comments...

Bill Crider: War Paint
Brian Arnold: "The Screwball"
Chuck Esola: Where the Buffalo Roam
Curt Evans: Miller's Crossing
Dan Stumpf: Out of the Fog
Eric Peterson: Bandits (1997)
Evan Lewis: "Superman" (1941)
George Kelley: An Education
Iba Dawson: A Single Girl aka La Fille Seule
James Reasoner: The Brothers Brannagan
Jerry House: Davy Crockett (and the merchandising)
K.A. Laity: Dead Man
Randy Johnson: The Old Corral
Ron Scheer: The Missing
Scott Cupp: Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman
Stephen Gallagher: "Impostor" (episode of Out of This World) 1962
Stan Burns: Slings and Arrows
Steve Lewis: Dangerous Exile
Yvette Banek: Castle in the Desert

Related matter:
Ed Gorman: 10 I Can Live Without
Patti Abbott: Super 8
Pearce Duncan, Jeff Segal, Mike Stamm: Gojira and its pals

6 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

Ah, a few people have mentioned Slings & Arrows to me now. In my abundant free time, I shall have to make my way through the YouTube snippetry.

Todd Mason said...

It won't make you forget Beckett, but it's utterly pleasant.

Gerard said...

MILLER'S CROSSING is not overlooked by me. I caught that during a late night showing in the student union. One year during finals they were showing movies all night until dawn.

I cannot recall if I went in there to avoid studying, take a short break, or really wanted to see the flick. I sure did like it though. Great color (literal and figurative), atmosphere, backstabbing, and the scary Dane.

Yvette said...

I love the Fleischer Brothers version of SUPERMAN. Good choice.

SLINGS AND ARROWS sounds like it a good thing also. I've never heard of it before. I love backstage stuff.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Miller's Crossing is fantastic Coen Bros fun and I love the vocabulary they created for it, the noirish feel and John Polito's oozing creepiness. My brother and I quote his lines all the time (apropos of absolutely nothing).

"Which hand?"

George said...

I have a set of SLINGS & ARROWS DVDs that I hope to get to during my convalescence.